Thursday, March 31, 2011

Small Items for Displays

On Monday, I stopped at the Thrift Store and picked up some items.  I could use your help 
in deciding what I should do with them. 
I put Kelly in the picture to show you the size of the items. 
The furniture is made from wood  Most likely from a doll house. 
The hope chest lid opens.  The dresser drawers and door opens. 
Should I paint these?  What color? 
The books in the bookcase do not come out. 

This piece I found all by itself. 
Salad Bar cart. 
Any ideas on how to use it in a display?
Found these pieces in the bag with the furniture. 
The blue open book, the apple and the globe are plastic. 
The rolled newspaper and bell are wood. 
I probably would use these in a school room display.

The blue plate is plastic.  All the other pieces are wood. 
The toast is removable from the toaster. The yellow item is
most likely a radio.  The blue box has the word Salz on it. 
In German, it is the word for salt.  So I am thinking all the wooden 
items were made in Germany.
There is a white bowl with fruit in it.  Took me some time to 
figure out what it was.  Then realized the brown colored item in the bowl
were supposed to be a bunch of bananas. 
Most likely a kitchen display for these items.

The first bottle is a shampoo bottle.
Next is a wine bottle. The third bottle is plastic. The last 
says Cola on it. 
In the back row, wood flower pot with overgrown flower which is not removable. 
Then I think the next item is an old-fashioned chamber pot. (top is removable)
There is a red canister with removable top.  Then 3 miscellaneous items.
Everything but the one plastic bottle is wood. 

Last of the items in the bag. 
Plastic items - pet food dish and teddy bear next to it. 
Everything else is wood. 
Red rectangular item says comics. 
Tooth paste tube with two brushes. 
Red and blue item is a toy car. 
Two different types of candlesticks. 
Two wooden clothespins 
Another teddy bear and last a scrub brush with real bristles. 
Any ideas I could use these items in displays would greatly be appreciated. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...