Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Princess of Power - Personal Treasure Hunter

I found these girl Action Figures a couple of weeks ago 
at the Thrift Store. They looked vaguely familiar. So I 
did some research and found out they were from 
The Princess of Power 
Spin-off of He-Man.
5 1/2 inches tall
Mattel 
1985/86
Made in Taiwan 
Usually marked on her neck or back. 
1984 or 1985
 Starting from the left:
Main character was She Ra
Next is: Scratchin' Catra (lever on her back) 
Then we have Frosta 
The other 3 I found were 
Glimmer
Mermista 
Perfuma  (Slider on back for the flower to open and close )

Friends have been asking what am I going to do since I 
am retired.  It got me to thinking what can I do with my extra time.
I've decided I don't want to substitute teach. 
It had to be something I love, which is finding the elusive treasure. 
(Dolls, action figures, children's books, etc) 
Instead of just putting items on E-Bay to sell, I thought 
I would ask collectors what they are looking for and the price they
would like to pay, condition etc.  And then in my travels (I am going anyway)
if I find the treasure,  that person has first chance at buying it at a fair price plus shipping costs. 
I frequent thrift stores, garage sales, flea markets, estate sales  and major department stores.
At this time, I will only be looking for collectors in the United States and will
see how that goes. Then hopefully will open up to other countries. 
Leave a comment what you are looking for along with an e-mail 
address where I can contact you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...