Sunday, September 4, 2011

My First Re-body!

Today was the day I was going to try and
re-body the doll that I posted about a few days ago. 
I read over the hints, and thought I would try 
the hot water suggestion first.  That didn't seem to
work since I think my water isn't hot enough. 
So I commandeered my youngest daughter's
blow dryer and started heating the neck of the blond. 
Well, I started getting frustrated.  I was using my nail file
and it kept bending.  I was going to give up trying to get 
the head off. until I saw my daughters bobby pins. 
Heated up the neck again and worked with the
bobby pins at getting the head off! 
Success! 
Then I worked on the other doll which took less time than the first.
Popped the head on the new articulated body! 
My first re-body done. 
Here's how Emily Anne looks with her new body. 
She is very pleased with the results.
Thanks to Ms. Leo, Dollz4Moi, Niel, and Cat for their helpful 
hints and for giving me the confidence to try and re-body!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...